We recently saw Midnight in Paris (which is excellent, by the way) and Bridesmaids, and are feeling very inspired by le mode de vie français. A Parisian bridal shower theme can be quirky and fun or classy and elegant, depending on your mood (and more importantly, your bride's style). We're thinking Paris in the 20s, although you can go with any era your heart desires -- Marie Antoinette is a crowd favorite. You can impose a dress code (berets and stripes or pearls and lace), serve champagne and macarons (or cheese and wine), blast some Edith Piaf, and create a beautiful and romantic atmosphere.
1. Invitations: Your invitations will vary depending on your theme. You can go for vintage, sophisticated, fun, or feminine. Choose wisely, as your guests will look to the invitation to guide their fashion choices.
2. Decorations: French style decor is usually in four color themes: (1) French flirty poodle (think pink, black and white; (2) très chic (think cream and black); (3) vive la France (red, white and blue); or (4) vintage Paris (warm, varying hues). So take your pick!
1. Wedding Bee | 2. Elizabeth Anne | 3. The Slightly Obsessive Bride | 4. Laissez Fair | 5. Anthropologie |
3. Food: The best thing about a French themed wedding is the food! Practically all the best stuff is French, and you can make it as high or low brow as you see fit (i.e. caviar v. french fries).
1. Om Sweet Om | 2. Maison Ladurée | 3. Vive le Cheese | 4. La Maison du Chocolat | 5. i like granola
4. Favors: We love vintage French anything, so finding favors should be a breeze! You can always give edible items, such as French chocolates and macarons, or go for smaller trinkets. Whatever you choose, we guarantee your guests will love it.
1. | The Ticket Kitchen 2. Cafe Press | 3. Okio B Designs | 4. Not on the High Street | 5. my dog and i
5. Attire: Needless to say, French attire is basically anything flirty and sexy. Of course, you may want to pay up the stripes and the accessories, and opt for more or less color depending on the specific theme. Just remember to wear it with attitude!
Jen & Saira